A digital signature certificate is a secure digital key issued by a certificate authority to verify and validate the identity of the person holding the certificate. Digital signatures use traditional public-key cryptography to create a signature.
A digital signature certificate (DSC) contains information such as the consumer’s identity, password, country, email address, the date the certificate was issued, and the identity of the certification authority.
The benefits of a digital signature certificate
● Authentication. Allows verification of owner’s private data information during online transactions.
● Reduces costs and delays. You can also digitally sign a PDF file of data and send it in a short time instead of having to sign and scan documents that take a long time to send via email. The owner of the digital signature certificate does not need to be physically present to conduct business.
● Intellectual integrity. Digitally signed documents cannot be altered or edited after they are signed, thus protecting and preserving information. Federal businesses often need these certificates to cross-check and validate business transactions.
● Document Authenticity. Digitally signed documents give the recipient the certainty of the signer’s authenticity. They will act on these documents without having any doubts about their authenticity.
The importance of CSDs in meeting legal obligations
In addition, the Ministry of Corporate Affairs has mandated the exclusive use of digital signatures for all audit, objective, and sorting returns.
In addition, the GST requires the use of a digital signature to validate a GST application. The use of the digital signature is also important for all purposes, amendments, and various types of related filings.
Documents required for DSC software submission
● DSC utility type properly filled by the applicant
● Photo ID card
● Proof of handle
Certification Authority responsible for issuing the digital signature certificate Other certification centres include Code Options, Nationwide Informatics Centre, Safes crypt, and Institute for Improvement and Analysis in Banking Know-how.
Lessons from the DSC
The purpose of obtaining a digital signature certificate and the type of applicant determine what type of DSC Provider in Kolkata to apply for if any. There are three types of digital signature certificates issued by certification authorities.
● Type 1 Certificates These certificates are issued to specific individuals/users to ensure that the user’s identity and electronic contact information are stored in the CA database from an identified subject.
● Type 2 Certificates These certificates are issued to the director/underwriter of a company for electronic filing with the Registrar of Companies (ROC). Type 2 certificates are required for individuals who need to sign management when submitting documents to the ROC. However, it appears that effective January 1, 2021, the CA Executive Director has directed that Type 2 certificates be retired and Type 3 certificates are issued in place of Type 2 certificates.
● Type 3 Certificates These certificates will be used to participate and bid in electronic and online auctions in India. Traders who wish to participate in online auctions must have a Category 3 Digital signature certificate in Kolkata.
Address: 16, Gangadhar Babu Ln, Near Central, Calcutta Medical College, College Square
Phone: 091633 63931